The Companies Act, 2013, contains provisions for the registration of Private Companies in The Gambia. Where a private company wishes to begin or carry on any business or undertaking in The Gambia after the 9th of October 2013, it must register under and according to the Companies Act, 2013 and Single Window Business Registration Act, 2013.
Procedure for Registration
- An application for the registration of the company in the prescribed form must be filled and contain the following:
- The name of the business;
- The name and nationality of the person that wishes to carry on the business;
- A description of the general nature of the business;
- The principal place of business and any other place where the business is to be carried on;
- The proposed commencement date of the business;
- Any other particulars as prescribed by the Registrar.
- Full names and any former names, nationality, usual addresses, occupation, and national identification number of each of the directors; and
- The memorandum and articles of association and all the documents required for the incorporation of the company;
- The Memorandum and Articles complying with the provision of this Part; and
- The notice of the address, not being a postal box or private mail bag, of the registered office of the company and the head office, if different from the registered office;
- The consent of the persons who are to be the first directors of the company;
- Any other document required by the Registrar to satisfy the requirements of any law relating to the formation of a company.
- That the company is incorporated;
- That the liability is limited by guarantee;
- That the company is a private company;
We are required by our regulatory authorities to be supplied with certain information and documentation in respect of the owner or ultimate owner and the directors and officers of the company. All material with respect of the owner will be kept in confidence. The information required is set out above.
Prescribed Forms Fee Structure
- Business Registration Form [Free]
- Reservation of a Unique Company Name [D500]
- Tax Identification Number [D50]
We are required by our regulatory authorities to be supplied with certain information and documentation in respect of the owner or ultimate owner and the directors and officers of the company. All material in respect of the owner(s) will be kept in confidence unless disclosure is required under our laws. Please complete the client profile form that is applicable to you, client profile (individual) or client profile (corporate), and return it to us together with the documents required. Each beneficial owner of the company will have to complete one form.
If we are instructed in the registration of the company, then in addition to supplying us with the required items detailed above, please confirm to us the names of the Directors who will sign the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the name and address to which we send the Memorandum and Articles of Association for signing.
Please address any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org